coupons

grocery coupons

October 27, 2010

31 for 21: pt. 3

Our last PCS move was from Washington to California.  Honestly, the move was pretty smooth.  The drive down with three kids and one dog went better than expected.

The problem happened right after our pack out as the driver pulled out of our driveway.  I had my master bathroom designated as a no pack zone.  Our luggage and other belongings were in the bathroom.  Sadly, I also left my wedding ring in a closed bag inside a drawer.  This ring was beautiful!  He had it made when he was working in Bahrain.  It was white gold with a very pretty princess cut diamond.  The band for the ring was created just for it also.  Well, as I head up stairs to freshen up for dinner, I opened the drawer and opened the bag and half the ring was missing!  One of the packers took off with the ring…not the band, but the ring that had the princess cut diamond on it!  What made the situation worse was the fact this happened late Friday night.  All I was able to do was call base security and filed a police report. 

When Monday came, I called EVERYONE that was involved with this move.  The moving company wanted no part in the matter.  In fact, it took over a year for us to resolve it in their favor.  According to them, I had no proof it was stolen or that I was probably lying about it.  The military didn’t cover it because they will not cover high value items.  So, by the time I finally decided to claim it on our insurance, they denied it also, because the claim is supposed to be filed within 90 days after the incident…not after a year Sad smile

So, today, at this very moment I still do not have this ring.  I still have our original wedding ring, but the stolen one was a little bit more special because he designed the ring just for me.

Moral of this story is this:  DO NOT HAVE YOUR MOVERS PICK UP YOUR THINGS ON A FRIDAY!  BECAUSE NOTHING WILL HAPPEN OVER THE WEEKEND…

I can only hope for a very smooth and final PCS move this time around!

Are there any other horror stories out there beside mine???

4 comments:

  1. What state are you guys going to? I don't know if you saw my response to your comment on FB, but we're going back to Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello sonia, i just subscribed to your blog via email. when are you headed back to GA/FL? your mom is in jax right? i will be able to see you easier, its not too far from NC. i love reading about lilly, katie and charie. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, I read you were going back to WA, but it looks like we are heading to the East Coast. However, we don't have orders on hand, so you know what that means!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam! Glad you are catching up with me on here! Mom is near Pensacola, FL, but much closer than where are now! I hope to see you when we move back! We can send pictures to Justine!

    ReplyDelete

SWAG

Related Posts with Thumbnails