coupons

grocery coupons

October 3, 2008

Day 2...here I go

So, my topic of discussion today is using the "retard" word or "retarded" word.  

I learned today that some people just don't get it.  I wanted to share with a group of new friends that October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month and I myself have a beautiful, perfect, baby girl who just happens to have Down syndrome.  I also wanted to let them know how demeaning and hurtful it is when I hear the "r" word thrown around.  Apparently, it wasn't welcomed.  My message was deleted.

My intentions were not threatful.  I was not preaching.  I just wanted to share something personal about me.  I just thought it would be nice for all of them to know how that word affects me, especially when it is used in a negative way.  

I was deleted.  Gone forever.  The organizer of the group took it away.

My blog though...it'll still be here.


1 comment:

  1. I am shocked. My mouth is still open. I am so, so sorry.

    ReplyDelete

SWAG

Related Posts with Thumbnails