coupons

grocery coupons

October 19, 2008

I finally asked!

Today we were invited to a school Renaissance fair in beautiful Napa Valley, CA.  The day was perfect, sun shining, nice gentle breeze, great atmosphere.  My kids had such a terrific time and so did I!

Well, there she was.  This tiny little girl with the blondest hair just running around.  She was the picture of a California baby!  When I caught her eyes, I just knew she and Lillian had something in common.  But what do I do?  Do I say something or just walk away?  With a little pushing from Bobby I went out looking for her mother and I found her!  Thank God she was so NICE!  It was great to finally break from my shell and ask, "Does  your child have Down syndrome?  OH, so does mine!"  Her daughter, who is 2 1/2 years old, and the youngest of 4 girls, was running around like she owned the place.  She was just so cute.  

I was just proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone and excited to finally meet another family with a young child with Ds.

Tomorrow I will post pics.  We really did have a terrific time.  Many THANKS to our new friends and neighbors, Keith, Vikki and Shane!

1 comment:

  1. I've run into this before too and as yet have not brought myself to ask. I'm always afraid . . . what if I ask "Does your child have DS?" and they say "No." Can't imagine that would be a pretty scene. I'd like to think that since I now have a child with DS that my intuition about other children with DS is heightened . . . but I sometimes wonder if I just see it everywhere because I've become slightly tweaked in that way. Anyway, there needs to be like an official proper way to approach someone under these circumstances :/

    ReplyDelete

SWAG

Related Posts with Thumbnails