coupons

grocery coupons

October 6, 2008

To say or not to say...

Yesterday, a neighbor invited us to take the kids to the pool.  Why not, the kids love being in water and it was a free activity.  So, for 4 1/2 hours we played and had such a good time.  Not many people were there.  There was one couple who came and they were so nice.  They weren't bothered about the kids splashing and talking to them.  Because I couldn't get in the water, Lillian and I were walking along the side just watching.  The man came over to chat a little and Lillian just couldn't get enough of him!  He was so gentle and so loving towards her and she just ate it all up!  He didn't look at her differently.  He didn't stare.  He was honestly just enjoying her and her cuteness.  He was playing with Lillian like she was a baby...a very typical active baby girl.

In the mean time, I'm thinking to myself and saying, "Should I tell him or not?"  Because so often, I do.  I go ahead and get it out there before the questions start.  But this time was different.  I let Lillian just be Lillian.  A baby.  Nothing more than that.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great day. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a great day. I too have been doing the same lately when people are enjoying Joaquin's company. Instead of looking for the right time to say something, I just let them enjoy him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. I think that there must be that moment for everyone when we realize we can just be. I find myself doing it more and more. If they want to know, they will ask or will leave wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often think the same. Say it... or better not?! I decided for me that i'll say it to my friends when we meet them. To people i see the first time i'm not going to say it, if they don't ask.

    ReplyDelete

SWAG

Related Posts with Thumbnails