coupons

grocery coupons

December 11, 2008

An unexpected surprise!

I mentioned on a previous post about the Special Needs Holiday Party here at Travis A.F.B.  I forgot to tell you that as we were leaving, I spotted this boy standing by the entrance way and I knew I knew him from somewhere.  So, I went up to him and said, "Hey, are you J*****?"

J says, "Yeah, I'm  just waiting for my mom"

I say, "Don't you remember me?  I was one of your teachers at Mokulele Elementary School in Hawaii"
I was a part time special ed teacher during my brief stay in Hawaii.

J says, "Oh, I don't remember you.  Hey, is that your daughter?  I remember her.  You made her do work in the class!"

OK...he remembers my kid but not me???

Mom finally comes up and we chit chat.  I can't believe it.  Two Navy families stationed at an Air Force Base!  It was wild, and I never would have thought that I would run into another student like that.  Well, Katie and J are at the same school.  I'm thinking now if I need to keep an eye on that?  I'm still shocked that he remembers her and not me!

So, I thought that was pretty cool!  I'm just hoping that all my speeches and positive attitude towards learning pays off in the near future when one of my students become world famous athletes, scientists, or whatever.  It would be cool for one of them to say that I made a differnce!

1 comment:

  1. As a "retired" teacher myself, I often wonder how and if I've touched the lives of my former students. I'm sure we have, but we might not hear about it.

    Very cool that you were able to reconnect with the family.

    ReplyDelete

SWAG

Related Posts with Thumbnails