coupons

grocery coupons

December 10, 2008

Thank you Thank you and THANK YOU!

Thanks to all my wonderful friends out there.  I was having a mommy meltdown yesterday, but this mommy is back on track.  It's amazing how one little hang up can cause a whole mess of things. But, I guess that is why mom's are the way we are.  We know we're not perfect, but we still strive to do our best for our family.  And I think that is exactly what I've given, my very best.  

But, I can understand why we have our breakdowns.  I guess it kind of puts everything back into perspective so we can get back on track.  This would remind me of "Bree" from "Desperate Housewives".  Bree, who thinks her way is perfect, well, is not so perfect afterall.  She kind of missed out on why her kids were unhappy and ended up doing the "naughty" things.   Perfection, is not so good in the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The family went to a "Special Needs Holiday Party" here at Travis Air Force Base, CA.  It was a huge party for all the special needs family attached to the base.  I was so eager to go, because I thought I might run into other families who have children with Down syndrome.  Nope, not one.   Well, not one that I could see.  However, we had a super time!  They had Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus, a football player from the Raiders, Looney Toon characters, a full buffet, cake, raffles, and a huge gift bag for every child that attended this party!  We had our family picture taken and the kids got to see a magic show by Kelley the Clown!  They even had volunteers serving each table that helped with the kids and went to the buffet table to get food.  The base did an outstanding job to bring us together and make all the kids feel extremely happy!  Many THANKS to all the volunteers who went out of their way to make us feel comfortable.  It was truly a wonderful night.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you "let it go". We are all hard on ourselves because we want the very best for our kids!! We moms need to unite and lift each other up once in a while!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a great party. I'm glad you feel better and had such a good time. We need an event like that here!

    ReplyDelete

SWAG

Related Posts with Thumbnails