coupons

grocery coupons

October 5, 2009

31 for 21 day 4

Well, Lillian has been sick for almost a week now. It doesn't seem to be serious (as far as I know), but I'm just a little concern. She's seems happy and not so crouchy, but she's been coughing, congested, and has a runny nose. The last time she had any illness was the time she had a UTI. I only knew she had a UTI because of the smell of her urine, but she didn't run a fever. Lillian often will not fun a fever.

Lillian has a VSD(ventricular septal defect) and a PFO (patent foramen ovale), which has not caused any problems. A VSD is one of the typical heart defects a baby with Down syndrome might be born with. The National Association for Child Development has a pretty good list of the other most prominent heart defects that some of our babies may have.

Since, this is her first time really being sick I'm not sure if there should be any concern or not. I will call tomorrow to talk to the doctor or nurse and see what they have to say. I don't know why I never asked about this before.

But most importantly...Although, the thought of your child having a heart defect seems scary, technology has come a long way in correcting these defects. Many babies and children with Down syndrome have had open heart surgery and are living very healthy and happy lives right now!

3 comments:

  1. awww - sorry to hear your little sweetie is sick. Seems to be that time of year. Drew is still recovering from a rather nasty virus too. He also tends to not run a fever, at least not consistantly enough to catch. I worry about him because of his heart too. I hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Lillian feels better!!!!

    Technology is wonderful nowadays! Cody had Tetralogy of Fallot and had it repaired at 5 months. He also had a VSD and ASD. The VSD was patched and the ASD closed on its own fortunatley.

    Lillian is in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous that this is only the second time she has been sick?! That is awesome but I do hope she feels better VERY soon!

    ReplyDelete

SWAG

Related Posts with Thumbnails