coupons

grocery coupons

May 12, 2010

Blessed


The above comes from Hector and Jennifer's blog, Saving Sofia.  I've written about them a few times, and I'm going to write about them again.  As a recap, they are a beautiful family, that I have personally met, who are in the process of adopting and bringing home their beautiful daughter Sofia from the Ukraine.

Their words are touching and heartfelt as they share their journey in bringing Sofia home.  However, those few sentences shed a lot of light for me.  As much as I want to gripe and complain about the lack of whatever Lillian is not getting, I have to remember that there are children like Sofia who are getting absolutely nothing!  And that if I really wanted to, I can call around and pay for those services myself to satisfy my needs.

Thank you Hector and Jennifer...I have been put in my place and grateful that Lillian is getting more than any child could ever receive, like the children in the Ukraine.  I am so pleased that we have insurance to pay for those minor surgeries, like the one earlier today.  I am so blessed that Lillian was able to have those Suresteps to help her become a better walker.  I am so grateful that I didn't have to give her away and that I have the resources to raise her as a happy and healthy child so she may grow up to be a prosperous member of our society.  

I am blessed.

In the midst of celebrating Sofia's adoption, there has also been some sadness in our Down syndrome Community.  I ask that you may take a minute and visit the George Family Blog as they write about their daughter Carly who decided to be with the angels.  And also, another family whose daughter was just recently diagnosed with leukemia.  Ms. Sweet Ella Grace can use all of us to rally and support her as she pushes forward to win her battle against leukemia.

Just remember to kiss your babies and tell them how much you love them everyday.

l     Photobucket


.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...how sad for those families.

    You are so right. It doesn't take much more than a look around to make us realize how blessed we are.

    ps Thanks so much for your reply on the SITS community. I responded to you there and would love to have you guest post.

    ReplyDelete

SWAG

Related Posts with Thumbnails