1. $50,000 enough to pay off my debts and to put a little bit of money in my rainy day account :)
2. A very nice double jogging stroller, you know, it's for my health. I need one that can handle Charlie and be delicate enough for Lillian.
3. A new SLR digital camera, like the Canon - EOS Digital Rebel XS 10.1-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera- Silver(I wanna start taking my own professional shots of my kids)
4. Laser Hair Removal. Enough said on that subject. It just needs to be done!
Alright...that's enough with my wishes. On a positive note, I worked out today! I haven't been to the gym since I left Washington and working out felt great! I really need to focus on my weight and becoming a healthier mom. Besides, if I can't take care of me, how can I take care of my children? Both Charlie and Lillian were wonderful at the gym. I hope they keep it up!
Speaking of Charlie, he ate his dinner tonight! Now, I'm wondering if he likes Daddy's cooking better than mine???
A very good friend of mine had asked me a question about Down syndrome in an email. She wanted to know what it was that made the doctor's suspect that Lillian had Ds when she was born. There were a few things:
1. The sandal toe, or v shape space between her big toe and second toe
2. Her upward slanted eyes Although my mother insisted at the time Lillian has eyes like her. My mother is Korean.
3. The simean crease on one of her palms
4. The extra skin on her neck, nuchial fold
5. The heart murmur which lead them to believe she had some sort of heart defect
So, those were the main things. And of course, it was confirmed after her tests all came back.
Down Syndrome Fact:
Down syndrome is a chromosomal disorder caused by an error in cell division that results in the presence of an additional third chromosome 21 or "trisomy 21". There is also Mosaic Down Syndrome and Translocation Trisomy 21. They all deal with chromosome 21.
This picture was taken at a museum in Seattle. I found it interesting about how much information chromosome 21 holds! Can you imagine how many extra pages they had to add to talk about Trisomy 21!
I think I will start posting a little Down syndrome fact daily.