coupons

grocery coupons

December 5, 2008

In blogland somewhere!

I've totally neglected my own blog the past couple of weeks because I've been in blog land reading everyone elses!

I'm guessing that I need to learn to manage my time better, because there are other mommies out there who have more kids than I do, but still manage to blog a lot more than me.  Speaking of time management, my dear husband says to me that I should manage my time better doing housework. WHAT?!?!?  So, I told him I was going to stop whatever it is that I do all day and do nothing.  That didn't go far, because I'm still doing whatever it is that I said I wasn't going to do!

Thanksgiving was great.  We drove down to Temecula, in Southern California, and stayed with my dad for a few days.  Lillian was repeatedly told how "fat" she was.  I guess it's OK since she's still a baby.  Because fat really only looks cute on babies!  But it's true, she is a little chunker.  It's to the point where we, meaning I, can't eat around her without her screaming with her mouth open so she can eat what I'm eating too.  At her 9 month well baby visit, she weighed in at 20 pounds, so yeah, I think she is doing pretty darn good.  OH...and I can't forget that Charlie and Katie got early Christmas presents from Grandpa...Thanks Grandpa.  I have to tell you all, that the Baby Alive doll is pretty scary!  We are actually in the middle of teaching this baby how to potty train, and she still pees everywhere!  I told Katie I was done, because I am not the mother of this baby"doll" and didn't want to think about potty training until Lillian was of age.  So, we turned her off for now.  She's taking a long nap!

Well, now that we're heading into Christmas.  I was really thinking about giving instead of receiving.  I want my children to know how great it feels to give rather than "wanting" or receiving all the time.  This is something my husband has no troubles doing.  Every store that we go to, people are always out asking for donations and he donates over and over and over again.   I used to get mad, but then I realized, hey, I'm still here.  I always have food on my table.  My kids and I have a bountiful choice of clothes to wear,  and we have a nice warm home to go to everyday.  So, yes, I am thankful and truly blessed to be where I am today.  Don't get me wrong, we are not rich, we still live paycheck to paycheck.  But at the same time, we are not in need.  Our needs are taken care of.   And that is why we are blessed.

0 Thoughts by others:

Post a Comment

SWAG

Related Posts with Thumbnails