coupons

grocery coupons

September 8, 2009

18 month check up...8 year old check up and finally a 4 year old check up

At last...my laziness has caught up with me!

In my effort to stay away from the doctor's office for as long as possible, I scheduled all 3 well child check ups with the pediatrician at the same time. In my head, I thought I would get in and get out and deal with all 3 kids at the same time! Boy, was I WRONG! We arrive at the hospital at 7:30 a.m. and we leave at 11:30 a.m. Four freaking hours long! We met with a doctor that we've not seen before and he took his time to really get to know my family. He carefully inspected each of the children and patted them on their heads and said good job. He was truly a nice guy, but I just didn't want to be there for as long as I was.

So, Lillian is doing well. With her hitting a new milestone and all the walking around she is doing, I think her weight has come to a stall. She was at 23lbs for her check up. Which is where she was at during her 12 month appointment. She remains on the 75 percentile for her height and weight...on the Down syndrome charts. My lack of parenting and taking her back for her vaccinations meant that she was over due for her shots. 6 to be exact. However, we agreed for 3 shots for now and 3 shots in another month. I wasn't so worried about her fear of needles, she never seems bothered by them. And sure enough, she got her shots and that was it!

Charlie, well, he's doing pretty good. He's between the 75th - 90th in both weight and height. I think honestly, having him at the appointment was the hardest to deal with. He just didn't want to be still. So, when the doctor asked me if I had any questions or concerns, I joking said yes what can I do about his behavior. The doc didn't think it was as funny as I did! Again, me being such a slacker meant that Charlie was behind in shots too. He had to get 4 shots! He did pretty good too! The technician we had was hilarious and made the kids cry. He told Charlie that the shots only hurt if he cries, so Charlie did not cry. He laughed and said they tickled. Was that reverse psychology?

Finally, Katie! She is also doing well. She is in the 75th percentile for height and around the 80th -90th percentile for weight. The doc wasn't too concern, but I was. So, we will be eating less ramen noodles and pasta for now. Katie, also had to get 3 shots. The wonderful technician did such a great job with her too...she laughed and said they tickled also. Why couldn't he be my technician when I had to get shots???

I wish the point of this story was being lazy causes undue pain and suffering. But how weird is it that my kids just laughed?

0 Thoughts by others:

Post a Comment

SWAG

Related Posts with Thumbnails